SmartDoc Imaging System
SmartDoc™ Imaging System is a completely system developed for safely viewing nucleic acids in agarose gels and for capturing quality digital images with a smart phone camera. Blue light is used instead of UV, which is safer for la personnel and will not damage DNA samples.
The illumination base emits an intense blue light with a peak output of 460nm for optimum excitation of nucleic acids stained with green fluorescent dyes (SYBR® Green, SmartGlow™, GelStar™, GelGreen™, etc). The orange cover fits on top of the illumination base and acts as a filter to absorb blue light, allowing visualization of the fluorescing samples. The cover can also be set at an angle for gel access and cutting out DNA bands for further study.
System includes gel prep/cutting platform, blue light illumination base, orange filter cover, imaging enclosure, and orange photo filter.
- Imaging enclosure works with all common smart phones
- System includes blue light illumination base, orange viewing cover, and orange photo filter
- Ideal for common safe stains (SmartGlow™, SYBR Green, GelGreen™, etc.)
- Visible blue light will not damage DNA
- Gel viewing and gel access for DNA band cutting
- Optional amber viewing glasses, for band excising
- Imaging enclosure can also be used on existing transilluminators
|Specifications for SmartDoc Imaging System|
|Maximum Gel Size:||15 x 15cm|
|Excitation Source:||High Intensity Blue LED|
|Photo Filter:||Orange PMMA, 12mm Aperture|
|Viewing Cover:||Orange PMMA, 18 x 18 cm|
iPhone™, Android™, etc.
(Smart phones and tablets with a camera)
|W x D x H:||
9 x 7.5 x 8.6 in
23 x 19 x 22 cm
|Weight:||2.6 Lbs (1.2 kg)|
|Electrical:||100V to 230V, 50Hz to 60Hz|
|Item||Product Description||Unit of Measure||Price||Purchase|
|SmartDoc Photo Filter, 590nm for imaging EtBR on UV transilluminator||Each||
|SmartDoc Gel Imaging System with blue light illumination, 100-240V input||Each||
|SmartDoc Photo Filter, 535nm for imaging green stains on UV transilluminator||Each||
|Orange photo filter (included with E5001-SDB)||Each||