DURAN TILT Media Bottle System
DURAN® TILT Media Bottle System has 2 positions: upright for filter sterilization or storage and tilted at 45°for pipetting making it more ergonomic to use in biosafety cabinets and clean hoods. Clear markings show the volume in both tilted and upright positions and are visible from both sides for the convenience of left & right-handed users.
Each bottle is made from borosilicate 3.3 glass certified as non-cytotoxic (ISO 10993-5:2009) and it will not leach any organic molecules that might affect the culturing of cells. DURAN glass may be depyrogenisated to destroy endotoxins using dry heat or chemical based methods. This vacuum resistant bottle is safe for filter sterilization. The GL56 mouth is 100% larger than the GL45 and can accommodate large volume pipettes (100 mL) and helps avoid contamination. An ergonomic cap is made from non-cytotoxic materials and is easy to open and close.
In the upright position, the DURAN TILT is ideal for filter sterilizing or clarifying cell culture media. A GL 45 thread adapter allows any 45 mm filter units to be used with the TILT bottle or use the DURAN bottle top vacuum filtration unit (top only) specifically made for the TILT bottle (both sold separately; see accessories tab). The filter unit comes in three different asymmetric pore sizes (0.1µm, 0.2µm, or 0.45µm) with raised molded graduation marks for easy volume reading.
Choose from a wide range of accessories for personalization in the laboratory (sold separately; see accessories tab). DURAN TILT GL 56 cap label are self-adhesive cap labels can be used to clearly indicate the separate bottles of media for each cell line, preventing possible cross-contamination. DURAN GL 56 Bottle Tags can be used on their own for color identification (available in orange, yellow, blue, and purple) or to secure the protective Light Shield around the bottle. DURAN TILT protective Light Shield is a white silicone sleeve that covers 94% of the bottle surface. The sleeve has several protective functions such as blocking damaging ultraviolet (UV) light, protecting the glass surface from damage, and facilitating safer handling.
- Unique 45° position for pipetting instead of holding it in your hand
- Tilted volume indicators and are visible in both hands
- Made with borosilicate 3.3 glass for reusability and lower while life costs
- Low bottle height for easy handling in safety cabinets and is easier to use inside the hood
- Stable and space-saving 500 mL bottle is perfect for fridge storage or for warming media in a water bath
- Vacuum resistant bottle for safe filter sterilization
- 100% bigger GL 56 opening for easy pipetting, accommodates large volume pipettes, and helps avoid contamination