VELP SER 148 Series Solvent Extractors
VELP SER 148 Series Solvent Extractors can be used to separate a substance or a group of elements (e.g. fat) from solid and semi-solid samples according to the Randall technique (consisting of Immersion, Washing, and solvent Recovery). The SER 148 Series is a semi-automatic solution with no compromises on operator safety (IP55) and solvent consumption also guaranteeing a limited cost per analysis.
Robust design and large install base make the SER 148 Series the reliable choice for any laboratory aiming at reducing the time per analysis compared to the traditional Soxhlet method. As for the automatic version, the main field of application is the determination of the content of soluble products such as fat, detergents, plasticizers, and pesticides in food, animal feeds, detergents, rubber and plastic formulas, pharmaceutical products, soil.
The first phase of extraction via the Randall Technique is performed by immersing a sample - containing a thimble in boiling solvent followed by a washing with cold refluxing solvent. The fast solubilization achieved by the hot solvent results in a sharp reduction of extraction time.
- Up to 5 times faster than traditional Soxhlet (hot solvent vs cold solvent)
- Low solvent consumption (high solvent recovery, up to 75%)
- Limited cost per analysis
- Select from 29 on-board empty programs
- Two models available to match sample load: 3-position (148/3 model) or 6-position (148/6 model)
- IP 55 protection from particles and liquids
|Item||Model No.||Power||Attribute Description||Unit of Measure||Price||Purchase|
|SER 148/6||115V/50-60 Hz||6-position||Each||
|SER 148/3||115V/50-60 Hz||3-Position||Each||